What is Canvas?
Canvas is the learning platform that all 4J high schools are using this year. Canvas is where students and parents can view all of the course content, assignments, grades, and announcements. As a parent, Canvas is the place where you can monitor your student’s weekly progress in each course. You can view grades, assignments, and even how much time your student is spending logged in to each course.
Eugene 4J Canvas Training Resources
You will find a variety of Canvas training videos and resources for families at the 4J site linked here.
How do I become an Observer in Canvas?
You will first need a pairing code. You can get this code from your student (instructions below), or from an SEHS Canvas administrator. It may be simplest to request the pairing code from your student, but you can also call the SEHS main office if your student is unable to provide the code.
There are also instructions below on using the Canvas Parent App.
How my student can create a Canvas pairing code for a parent (2 minute video):
How to request a pairing code from SEHS:
Fill out the Google form linked here. If the form does not work, you may also call the school’s main office.
How to log in once I have my pairing code (2 minute video):
Canvas login page for parents (please bookmark this page for future logins):
How to add more than one student to an already existing Observer account:
4J Technology Support for Families:
4J Canvas Training Webinar for Parents:
Using the Canvas Parent App for Mobile Devices
Instructions for using the Canvas Parent App:
- Download Canvas Parent App from the App store or Google Play:
- Open App and choose “Find School” – type in Eugene and choose Eugene 4J (Parents) when prompted.
- Choosing just Eugene 4J takes you to a browser page with instructions for setting up your account (see number 3).
- Choose either “Create Account link at the bottom, and follow instructions in the links above (or see 2.1) to create an account, or log in using your already created account information.
- To add a 2nd child to your account, choose the “down arrow” next to your child’s name at the top (you will need their Pairing Code)
This also lets you toggle between student accounts.
- Click on any Course name to see more specific grade information and the “Front Page’ of the Class with links to Course Material. Once ‘in’ the course, to see day-by-day information about the course, click on Modules in the blue menu at left.