Contact for help with scheduling
Dept. Assistant/Scheduling Michelle Phillipo I 541- 790-8026 I
Counseling Secretary Melinda Shull I 541-790-8013 I firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shirley Madathil (All -Grade 9)-email@example.com
- Juli McGlinsky (A-F) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Leahy (G-N) – email@example.com
- Shantel Buss (O-Z) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule corrections may be requested by appointment with your counselor or by completing the Schedule Change Request Form, also available in the Counseling Center.
Schedule Correction Arenas:
Thursday, August 22 from 1:00pm-3:00pm
and Friday, August 23 from 8:30am-11:30am in the Counseling Office.
The student class schedule is based on the courses requested during forecasting last spring and on the availability oI elective courses. Students’ schedules are final unless one of the following circumstances applies:
1. Academic misplacement, as determined and indicated by the teacher.
2. A necessary graduation requirement is missing.
3. Failure in a prerequisite class.
4. A technical error or an obvious mistake.
5. A health issue, requiring documentation by a physician.
6. An open period is required to access an off-campus class. If there is a needed schedule correction as defined by one of the six criteria listed above, corrections will be made during one of the Schedule Correction Arenas (see above). Corrections will be made on a first come, first-served basis. To initiate a change, students should complete a Schedule Correction Form, (also available in the Main Office and the Counseling Office.) The form must be submitted at the Correction Arena.
To aid in planning schedule changes, here is the Master Schedule for each department as of 8-22-19:
Master Schedules for each department 2019-2020 (updated 9-10-19)
Applied Arts, AVID & Career Technology Education 2019-20
English Language Arts 2019-20
Physical Education & Health 2019-20
Performing Arts 2019-20
Social Studies 2019-20
Special Education 2019-20
World Language 2019-20
(Math & Science will be added shortly)
Forecasting is the process of requesting classes for the next school year. South uses the information gathered from students requesting classes to build our master schedule for the year. 2018-19 Curriculum Guide
See also… New Students