- Meetings provide a place for parents to get answers to questions about school policy, student education at South, physical & mental health and other things that affect your student’s ability to navigate high school and the path beyond. The Principal also attends each meeting and gives us all the “inside scoop” about what’s going on!
- Work to provide parents with timely and useful college and career readiness information related to what is happening both at South and around the nation.
- Pay for and staff the weekly eNEWS that comes to you via email.
- Organize and present a series of parent and community education nights.
- Work to enrich the environment for students at South through volunteering and raising money to support programs and teachers.
Above all … Welcome to South
By working together we can make this your student’s best year yet
Contacts and Positions
Parent Council requires a core of officers and active members to help put on events, such as educational evenings, staff appreciation events, fundraisers and to serve as a liaison between South’s staff and administration and parents. Each month, a meeting agenda is created and posted on eNews so that everyone knows what will be discussed at that month’s meeting. If you would like to add an agenda item please contact Parent Council Chair Jen Doerr email@example.com. Below you’ll find a list of members of the committee, open positions and contact information.
Current Parent Council Officers:
Chair: Jen Doerr firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Chair: OPEN -Interested? Please email email@example.com
Fundraising Chair: OPEN – Interested? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Communications/eNews editor: Jeff Cook
Recording Secretary: OPEN – Interested? Please email email@example.com
Treasurer: Sara Nelson
Staff Appreciation: Amy Lash
eScript Coordinator: OPEN – Interested? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent Education: Alexis Borrevik
EEF Coordinator: Jessica Barnhart
Grad Night Coordinator: OPEN -Interested? Please email email@example.com
Site Council Representative: Love Cross
Volunteer Coordinator: Kathy Ruggles (firstname.lastname@example.org, 541-790-8016)
Faculty Representative: Tamara Torrence (email@example.com)
Freshman Transition Specialist: Christy Gonenne (firstname.lastname@example.org)