Class of 2021
We are pleased to announce that South Eugene, along with other high schools in Eugene School District 4J, will be able to hold senior in-person events in addition to the Virtual Graduation ceremony planned for each school.
In response to our students’ and families’ wishes to have a safe and in-person graduation during this time of disruption, each of our schools will hold in-person commencement events. For the larger comprehensive high schools (CHS, NEHS, SEHS, SHS) there will be two ceremonies on the same night whereas the smaller schools (ECCO and IHS) will have one so as to maximize the possibility of audience attendance. The ceremonies will be held on the following dates:June 11 IHS – Sheldon stadium at 7:00;
- June 12 NEHS – Sweede at 5:30 and 7:30;
- June 14 SEHS – South stadium at 5:30 and 7:30;
- June 15 ECCO – ATA turf at 7:00;
- June 16 SHS – Sheldon stadium at 5:30 and 7:30;
- June 17 CHS – Churchill stadium at 5:30 and 7:30.
All of the events will be outside, rain or shine, and the number of spectators will be determined by the county’s risk level at the time of the event as follows:
Extreme Risk – ceremony limited to members of the graduating class only (no spectators)
High or Moderate Risk – each graduate will receive two tickets for guests
We will be sending additional information in the coming days regarding the specific last name range for each ceremony, plans for distribution of tickets, and other key details. We know that families need that information promptly for their planning.
A link to a live broadcast of the in-person ceremony will be emailed and posted on South’s website approximately one week prior to the event.
VIRTUAL GRADUATION CEREMONYThe 2021 Virtual Graduation will be aired at 6:30pm on June 10, 2021 for all Eugene School District 4J high schools. The Virtual Ceremony represents the official graduation, given that a traditional in-person graduation ceremony will not be possible due to the pandemic. It will be streamed online the evening of June 10th and will be posted on our SEHS website for families and friends to view in the weeks to follow.
The video will be available to stream and will also be posted on our SEHS website so that family and friends can view it again.
UPLOADING INFORMATION TO THE VIRTUAL GRADUATION PORTAL- DEADLINE MAY 14
Graduating seniors received an invitation in April through their 4J email account from EnvisionPro (firstname.lastname@example.org) to upload information to the Virtual Graduation Portal. The original April deadline has been extended to May 10. If you have submitted information for your profile, you can still make changes up until May 10. Please make sure to check your junkmail if you have not seen the email. We want to make sure that every graduating senior is included. Please make sure that your name is spelled correctly on your slide. The photo should be only of yourself. Indoor or outdoor pictures are acceptable. No props please.
Here are some helpful tips:
- See the Student Portal Guide
- Review suggestions for a great photo.
- You can enter a phonetic spelling of your name and record yourself saying your name. This will make it easier for us to pronounce it correctly for the ceremony.
- If you’re having any difficulty with the student portal, you may need to clear your browser cache. Here are instructions for clearing your cache in Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- We do not recommend using your phone to upload information to the portal. Use your school-issued student computer or a personal computer.
2021 GRADUATION ANNOUNCEMENTS— MAY 6 from 1pm – 4pm
Families who ordered graduation announcements through Miners Graduate will be able to pick up their announcements on Thursday, May 6 from 1pm – 4pm by the East end of the building (auditorium). Any announcements not picked up will be available during Cap and Gown distribution on May 19.
CAP & GOWN INFORMATION
Cap & Gown distribution will be Wednesday, May 19. Orders are placed online through Graduate Miners Services. If you have not placed your order, you may do so do at minersgrad.com.
On May 19, graduating seniors will have the opportunity to pick up their cap and gown (and any other items ordered through Graduate Miners Services) at South Eugene High School, as well as individual stoles, cords, or other regalia associated with student programs and accomplishments. Senior yard signs (one per senior household) will be distributed on that date as well.
Northwest Photography will be present to take a professional photo and a 5 X 7 will be provided at no cost via mail in late June.
May 19 Cap & Gown Distribution Times:
Last name/Pick-up Time
- A–B 8:00am-9:00am
- C–G 9:00am-10:00am
- H–K 10:00am-11:00am
- L–P 11:00am-12:00pm
- Q–S 1:00pm-2:00pm
- T–Z 2:00pm-3:00pm
Students who have a cap & gown already by borrowing from a sibling or former graduate need to email Kimberly Mejia (email@example.com) to confirm that the they have a cap & gown unit already. Please include “Graduation” in the email subject line. South has a limited supply of caps and gowns to make available to students who may need to borrow a cap and gown. Please email Kimberly Mejia and include Graduation in the subject line should you need to borrow one.
Miners Graduate Contact Info:
1885 River Rd., Eugene, OR 97404
Traditionally, a Graduation Party is planned by SEHS parents as an event separate from Eugene School District 4J to help provide a safe celebratory event for seniors. However the pandemic and everchanging risk levels in Lane County make an in-person event significantly less feasible. SEHS parents have met this year to consider what other celebratory events for seniors may be planned by the South parent community. To stay informed or get involved please contact Jen Doerr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EARLY GRADUATES (graduating before June)
Early graduates who wish to participate in the graduation ceremony and/or want to receive updates about graduation should contact Kimberly Mejia at email@example.com or 541-790-8010 to ensure your name is included in planning and updates.
SAVING 4J INFO
Before you graduate, copy any files and data from your 4J accounts that you wish to keep onto a personal device. For instructions on using Google Takeout to download your 4J Google data, visit 4j.lane.edu/technology/ns/googletakeout.
If you are using your 4J email for your Naviance account, you must change it to a personal email to avoid losing access to Naviance. Please email Counseling Secretary, Leann Hollenbeak, at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you need help with your Naviance email address.
The deadline for purchasing South’s Yearbook, The 2021 Eugenean, has passed. Questions can be directed to South’s Yearbook Advisor Bobbie Willis at email@example.com
- March 5: Parent Webinar about graduation planning
- March 18: Last day of Trimester 2
- March 29: Start of Trimester 3
- March 31: Google Audition Interest Form closes
- Beginning of April: SEHS notifies families if student may not be completing High School by June 2021. Online Envision Pro portal opens for student submission of name, photo and other requested info
- April 7: Graduation Announcement pick-up from 12pm – 4pm on east side of the building
- April 14: Graduation speaker/performance audition recording DUE by 4pm
- April 15: Announcements ordered from Miners Graduate Services available for pick-up at on east end of the building from 1pm – 4pm
- April 30: Diploma name and address Google form due. Link emailed to all Seniors via 4J email
- TBD: College Signing Day for athletes committing to play at the college level
- May 7: No School- Progress Report Grading Day
- May 10: Student Envision Pro Portal closes for senior photo submission at 11:59pm. Final Graduation speech/performance video-recordings DUE by 4pm to Kimberly Mejia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- May 19: Cap & Gown Distribution from 8am – 3pm
- TBD: Senior laptop and textbook return
- June 3: Virtual Annual Recognition & Awards Presentation at 7pm
- June 10: Seniors Last Day! Virtual Commencement video goes live at 6:30pm. IHS Virtual Ceremony goes live at 7:30pm
- June 11: IHS In-person Senior Celebration at Sheldon High School at 7pm
- June 14: SEHS In-person Senior Celebration at 7pm. Note: The in-person ceremony may be canceled, rescheduled, or relocated depending on public health conditions and 4J guidance.
- Late June: Diplomas, certificates, and pictures mailed home