This annual series of presentations provides very important information to students and parents about planning for life after high school.
SEHS (VIRTUAL!) FINANCIAL AID NIGHT Q&A
Tuesday, October 20, 2020
Video of webinar available below
Review of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and other financial-aid information. Important for juniors and seniors to attend.
- View the 30-minute video, Understanding Financial Aid, by UO financial-aid counselor, Nick Dikas
- Watch this recording of the hour-long webinar hosted by South on October 20th: Financial Aid Night Video
- Still have financial-aid questions? Feel free to contact Lori Sauter at South’s college and career center (email@example.com, 541-790-8011 for live conversation, 541-790-8052 to leave message).
SEHS (VIRTUAL!) FAFSA COMPLETION WORKSHOP
Thursday, November 5, 2020
7 pm via Zoom meeting
Email Lori Sauter (firstname.lastname@example.org) to confirm that you plan to attend and to access Zoom link. Please do not share link with other people, but instead, ask them to RSVP, as well.
Language interpreters available on request. Email Lori Sauter (email@example.com) to request an interpreter.
Answers to your questions and assistance in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by UO financial-aid officers. Be prepared—have on hand your SSN and your most up-to-date tax and financial information. Complete your FSAID (fsaid.ed.gov) beforehand, if possible.
- FAFSA Documents Needed (document from Nick Dikas, UO financial-aid counselor)
- FAFSA and FSA ID Tips for Parents (video from studentaid.gov)
- Filling out the FAFSA Form (article from studentaid.gov)
Thursday, November 19, 2020 (rollout)
In the form of recordings and other information linked above
Recordings re: the college application process at South, junior- and senior- year essentials, reasons to consider Lane Community College, earning college credits while attending South, career-experience options, and more.
SEHS VIRTUAL FRESHMAN/SOPHOMORE NIGHT
Sessions re: college planning, consenting relationships, study skills, healthy social media use, teen anxiety and depression, getting involved at SEHS, study-abroad opportunities, counselor questions and answers, IHS questions and answers, and more.
Missed Freshman/Sophomore Night 2019?
- Freshman Sophomore Night Agenda 2019
- Fr/So “Beyond South Night” Slideshow 2018 presented by South’s counseling team. Shares crucial information for successfully navigating South Eugene High School.
- Strategies for Dealing with Stress and Anxiety Slideshow 2019 presented by South counselor, Juli McGlinsky.
Willamette Valley College Information Night
Many Oregon colleges and universities will have representatives here to meet with students and parents. Very important night for all juniors, although anyone is welcome.