This annual series of presentations provides very important information to students and parents about planning for life after high school.
SEHS VIRTUAL FINANCIAL-AID NIGHT
Thursday, October 7, 2021
7 pm via Zoom webinar
Review of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and other financial-aid information followed by Q & A session. Important for juniors and seniors to attend.
- Financial Aid Tips for the class of 2022
- Finding Funds for Oregon Students 2020 (also in Spanish, 2018-19 version) from the website of the Oregon Office of Student Access and Completion (OSAC).
- Still have financial-aid questions? Contact Lori Sauter at South’s college and career center (firstname.lastname@example.org, 541-790-8011 for live conversation, 541-790-8052 to leave message).
SEHS VIRTUAL JUNIOR/SENIOR EVENT
Wednesday, October 27, 2021 (rollout)
Recordings re: the college application process at South, junior- and senior-year essentials, reasons to consider Lane Community College, earning college credits while attending South, career-experience options, and more.
- SEHS Virtual Junior/Senior Event 2020, last year’s recordings and information
SEHS VIRTUAL FAFSA COMPLETION WORKSHOP
Tuesday, November 9, 2021
7 pm via Zoom meeting
Spanish speakers available
Link via email close to event date
RSVP intent to attend to Lori Sauter (email@example.com)
Answers to your questions and assistance from UO financial-aid officers in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA–for U.S. citizens and eligible non-citizens) or the Oregon Student Aid Application (ORSAA–for Oregon residents who have undocumented status, DACA status, and/or TPS). Be prepared—have on hand your SSN (for FAFSA only) and your most up-to-date tax and financial information. Seniors completing the FAFSA plus one parent should complete their FSAID beforehand, if possible.
- FAFSA Documents Needed (document from Nick Dikas, UO financial-aid counselor)
- FAFSA and FSA ID Tips for Parents (video from studentaid.gov)
- Filling out the FAFSA Form (article from studentaid.gov)
SEHS VIRTUAL FRESHMAN/SOPHOMORE EVENT
Tuesday, December 9, 2021 (rollout)
Recordings re: college and career planning, academic support, healthy social-media use, confronting pandemic fatigue in the classroom, getting involved at SEHS, counselor guidance for freshmen and sophomores, earning college credits in high school, and more.
- SEHS Virtual Freshman/Sophomore Event 2020, last year’s recordings and information
2022 OREGON PUBLIC UNIVERSITY TOUR
All Oregon public universities will have representatives to meet with students and parents. Very important night for all juniors, although anyone is welcome.