This annual series of presentations provides very important information to students and parents about planning for life after high school.
SEHS VIRTUAL FINANCIAL AID NIGHT Q&A
Tuesday, October 20, 2020
Video of webinar available below
Review of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and other financial-aid information. Important for juniors and seniors to attend.
- View the 30-minute video, Understanding Financial Aid, by UO financial-aid counselor, Nick Dikas
- Watch this recording of the hour-long webinar hosted by South on October 20th: Financial Aid Night Video
- Still have financial-aid questions? Feel free to contact Lori Sauter at South’s college and career center (email@example.com, 541-790-8011 for live conversation, 541-790-8052 to leave message).
SEHS VIRTUAL FAFSA COMPLETION WORKSHOP
Thursday, November 5, 2020
7 pm via Zoom meeting
Email Lori Sauter (firstname.lastname@example.org) to confirm that you plan to attend and to access Zoom link. Please do not share link with other people, but instead, ask them to RSVP, as well.
Language interpreters available on request. Email Lori Sauter (email@example.com) to request an interpreter.
Answers to your questions and assistance in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by UO financial-aid officers. Be prepared—have on hand your SSN and your most up-to-date tax and financial information. Complete your FSAID (fsaid.ed.gov) beforehand, if possible.
- FAFSA Documents Needed (document from Nick Dikas, UO financial-aid counselor)
- FAFSA and FSA ID Tips for Parents (video from studentaid.gov)
- Filling out the FAFSA Form (article from studentaid.gov)
Thursday, November 19, 2020 (rollout)
In the form of recordings and other information linked here:
Recordings re: the college application process at South, junior- and senior- year essentials, reasons to consider Lane Community College, earning college credits while attending South, career-experience options, and more.
SEHS VIRTUAL FRESHMAN/SOPHOMORE EVENT
Tuesday, December 15, 2020 (rollout)
In the form of recordings and other information, which will be linked here:
Recordings re: college and career planning, academic support, healthy social-media use, confronting pandemic fatigue in the classroom, getting involved at SEHS, counselor guidance for freshmen and sophomores, earning college credits in high school, and more.
Willamette Valley College Information Night
Many Oregon colleges and universities will have representatives here to meet with students and parents. Very important night for all juniors, although anyone is welcome.