This annual series of workshops provides very important information to all students and parents.
Wednesday, October 3, 2018
Financial Aid Night
7 pm, SEHS Auditorium
Review of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and other financial-aid information. Important for juniors and seniors to attend.
Missed Financial Aid Night 2018?
- Here is the slide show presented by Ashley Coleman, representative of the University of Oregon’s Office of Financial Aid.
- And here’s a link to the presentation (also in Spanish) by Gary Campbell, ASPIRE administrator for the Oregon Office of Student Access and Completion (OSAC).
Wednesday, October 24, 2018
7 pm, SEHS Cafeteria
Sessions will be offered on paying for college, applying to public and private colleges, resources for college searches, GAP year options, and more.
Missed Junior/Senior Night 2018?
- Here is the Jr/Sr “Beyond South Night” Slideshow 2018-2019 presented by South’s Counseling Team that night
Wednesday, November 14, 2018
FAFSA Completion Workshop
7 pm, SEHS Room 4
Get answers to your questions and assistance in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Thursday, December 13, 2018
7 pm, SEHS Cafeteria
Sessions will review graduation requirements, testing, service learning, how to pay for college, getting involved at SEHS, sport and college, college planning & research tips, study abroad opportunities, CAM programs, credit recovery, study skills, Q & A with the counselor, IHS questions and answers, internet safety, career related learning requirements, planning ahead for college, and keeping your student substance free.
Missed Freshman/Sophomore Night 2018?
- Here is the 9th & 10th “Beyond South Night” Slideshow 2018 presented by South’s counseling team that night. It shares crucial information for successfully navigating South Eugene High School.
- Sessions were offered on college planning, consenting relationships, study skills, healthy social media use, teen anxiety and depression, getting involved at SEHS, study-abroad opportunities, counselor questions and answers, IHS questions and answers, and more.
- Finding a College that Fits presented by Lori Sauter, Career Center Coordinator
- College Application Process at SEHS & in Naviance presented by Michael Leahy, SEHS Counselor
- Testing 101 – AP/ACT/SAT presented by Shanel Buss, SEHS Counselor
Willamette Valley College Info Night
Time and location TBD
Many Oregon colleges and universities will have representatives here to meet with students and parents. Very important night for all juniors although anyone is welcome.