Shortcut to Links…
Deadline to submit materials is: Jan. 15, 2021.
Hello from your Eugenean Yearbook staff at South Eugene High School.
It is a surreal time to be putting together a yearbook, and an even more surreal time, I imagine, to be a student making your way toward the high school finish line. We want to say first: We believe in you, and we’re cheering you on in this final year; and second; We are actually very excited about what the yearbook will be in 2021. It is most definitely a year none of us will ever forget.
Senior Photos for Yearbook
We know many of you have been waiting for information on senior portrait deadlines and specifications. Shifting every last bit of teaching and learning to online has delayed getting this information to you. But we have it ready in this message. To accommodate the delay, the senior portrait deadline has been extended from the usual November timeframe out to mid-January.
Please see the photo specification sheet to make sure you submit a photo we can use in the yearbook. The deadline to submit portraits is Friday, Jan. 15, 2021. Yearbook staff will check all photo submissions as they come in, and we hope to have every senior’s photo in the senior section layouts by Feb. 1, 2021, so that those pages can go to print.
Now, in past years, seniors could use their school pictures as the default for the senior section. As you know, due to COVID restrictions, we did not do regular registration or school pictures this year.
What are your options?
- Submit a senior portrait. While “portrait” might sound formal, this year really any current photo of yourself that you like and that fits the photo specifications is an image you may use for your senior picture. It could be a photo a friend or family member took of you; it could be a selfie on a timer (so it doesn’t look like a selfie); or, yes, it could be a professional portrait. We encourage you to put some time into figuring this out.
- Use your 2020 junior year school photo. This will be a last resort, but by the Jan. 15, 2021 deadline, any seniors who haven’t submitted a photo will be included in the yearbook using your school picture from last year.
Other 2021 Yearbook Photo Opportunities
Because we won’t have the usual activities to document during the school year, we are planning regular opportunities for South students, and especially seniors, to submit their own photos for possible inclusion in the book. We will be calling for baby photos, Friends Forever, South Garage, Jobs & Volunteering, and other photo themes to let the student body help bring this year’s book to life. So, stay tuned!
Write Those Interests & Activities and Senior Quotes!
We also hope that all of you will take some time to include your interests, activities, and a meaningful quote to run with your senior picture. This year, capturing your South experience in words is more important than ever.
How to Submit your Senior Portraits and Text
After you’ve read the photo specifications sheet and you have your photo and your interests/activities/quotes ready, here’s how you can turn everything in:
- South seniors can have a parent or photographer upload just the photo at this link. Seniors should still access the student upload link (see below) to submit interests, activities and quotes.
- South seniors themselves can upload senior photos and/or text by clicking on this link and following the instructions.
We will keep after you so we have all seniors represented in the 2021 yearbook senior section by our Jan. 15 deadline. Help us make this happen!
You will be getting two more chunks of yearbook information in the next few days:
- Class of 2021 Only: How to order Senior Recognition Ads
- All South Students: How to order Your 2021 Yearbook
So, again – stay tuned!
Thank you for reading all of this. We will stay in touch as the deadlines and events of this year continue to unfold. Stay safe, and stay #southstrong.
Your Eugenean Yearbook Staff & Adviser Bobbie Willis (email@example.com)