Room 109, 100 Hall, (west end)
The SEHS Health Room drop-in hours, staffed by the school nurse, are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 8:30-12:30 and Tuesday 8:30-11:00.
School Nurse appointments are available on Monday and Friday afternoons. Call 541-790-8024 and leave a message or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
IF WE ARE CLOSED AND YOU ARE ILL, HAVE AN EMERGENCY OR WANT TO GO HOME, PLEASE GO TO THE FRONT OFFICE.
The School Nurse provides services in the health room available to all students. Examples of these services are:
- Evaluation of minor illness and injury
- Consultation with students and parents about health and mental health issues and referral as appropriate
- Providing a pleasant place for students to rest who are not feeling well
- Screenings for vision, dental, and hearing needs with referral to no or low cost treatment if needed
- Consultation with students and parents about the student’s acute and chronic health conditions to develop a plan to support the student’s health and academic work at school. Examples of these health conditions include asthma, severe allergies, diabetes, seizures, concussions, bleeding disorders, and cardiac issues.
Confidentiality and Reporting
The student is the client of the SEHS Health Room. Parents and appropriate staff members are notified of care given in the Health Center only when the student is unsafe to self or others (including suicide threats, high levels of drug or alcohol abuse, eating disorders, etc.) or with the student’s permission. We encourage students to communicate with parents regarding positive medical tests and other situations. We focus on empowering students to practice healthy lifestyles. All public employees are required to report suspected child abuse.