Welcome to the SEHS Parent Council. Parent council represents parents and by default, students. All parents and guardians of South students are automatically members of the council and we encourage you to attend regular meetings on the first Monday of each month, at 6:00 P.M., in the Library.. Come out and meet other parents of students at South. It’s a great way to get connected! Not sure how to find us? Click for a building map.
- Meetings provide a place for parents to get answers to questions about school policy, student education at South, physical & mental health and other things that affect your student’s ability to navigate high school and the path beyond. The Principal also attends each meeting and gives us all the “inside scoop” about what’s going on!
- Work to provide parents with timely and useful college and career readiness information related to what is happening both at South and around the nation.
- Pay for and staff the weekly eNEWS that comes to you via email.
- Organize and present a series of parent and community education nights.
- Work to enrich the environment for students at South through volunteering and raising money to support programs and teachers.
Meeting Dates for 2017-18
This year meetings will usually be held at 6PM on the first Monday of every month in the SEHS library. Specific dates are: September 11, October 2, November 6, January 8, February 5, March 8, April 2, and May 7.
Contacts and Positions
Parent Council requires a core of officers and active members to help put on events, such as educational evenings, staff appreciation events, fundraisers and to serve as a liaison between South’s staff and administration and parents. Each month, a meeting agenda is created and posted on eNews so that everyone knows what will be discussed at that month’s meeting. If you would like to add an agenda item please contact Parent Council Chair Anne Schwarz (firstname.lastname@example.org. Below you’ll find a list of members of the committee, open positions and contact information. Above all welcome to South. By working together we can make this your student’s best year yet.
Current Parent Council Officers:
Chair – Anne Schwarz (email@example.com)
Fundraising Chair —
Communications/eNews editor – Tom Jacobs firstname.lastname@example.org
Recording Secretary – Dana Clark email@example.com
Treasurer – Julie Hubbard-McNall firstname.lastname@example.org
eScript Coordinator – OPEN – Interested? Please email email@example.com.
Parent Education Coordinators – Dana Fleming firstname.lastname@example.org
EEF Coordinator: Dana Fleming email@example.com
Site Council Representative – OPEN – Interested? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Site Council Representative – Joy Marshall email@example.com
Site Council Representative – Tana Bailey firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Coordinator – Kathy Ruggles (email@example.com, 541-790-8016)
Faculty Representative – Tamara Torrence (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Grade Level Parent Representatives:
Freshman Representative – Maura Parkinson (email@example.com)
Sophomore class representative = OPEN – Interested? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior Representative – OPEN – Interested? Please email email@example.com.
Senior Representative -Chan Manda (firstname.lastname@example.org)
South Eugene High School STAND for Children Team Leader – Joy Marshall (email@example.com)
Meeting Schedule, Agenda, and Minutes: 2016-2017
Agenda Sept 12, 2016: TBD