Career Center services and resources include:
- College catalogs and view books
- SAT/ACT test preparation and registration materials
- College visitations by college representatives
- Computer programs for college selection, career exploration, financial aid, etc.
- Beyond South evening workshops
- Foreign Travel and study options
- NCAA athletic forms and information
- Financial Aid/scholarship information and forms
- Career information
- Military schools and careers
- Reference books
- Volunteer and work opportunities
- Summer opportunities
- SKILLS – career skills assessment
- Sophomore interviews
- Internet access to college/career information
- Study Abroad Programs: year-long, semester, or summer
- Service Opportunities in Foreign Countries.
- International Trips organized for high school students
The career center provides students and parents with comprehensive information and resources to help plan for after high school. These plans can be in the area of two and four-year colleges, certificate programs, foreign study or travel, military service, volunteer and community service and/or work/careers.
Our goal is to empower all South students to step into the future with confidence, knowing their own goals and having the education, training, and resources needed to achieve those goals.The Career Center is a resource room staffed by parent volunteers. Career Information System (CIS) computer software has current information about work, education and training, financial aid and is written especially for Oregonians.
Visit the Career Center to find out about summer opportunities for travel, study, and community service as well as career and college searches. Receive help with college applications and resumes. There are computers available for students to use.